If you’ve ever suffered from the diagnosis of procrastination, you’re not alone! There is a cure. In today’s episode I teach you a 4-Step Strategy for overcoming…treating…adjusting the Procrastination Affliction.
Today’s S.O.L. STORY…
I’ve been in a resistance, procrastination mode all day! This is what I know about procrastination…
First, you do have power in the situation. You’re not a victim.
Second, try these steps. They work!
1. Are you getting enough physical rest? Evaluate the amount of rest you’ve had. If you’re not well rested, well fed and nourished, you won’t have enough energy to do what you’ve set out to do.
Get some rest so you can be ALL IN…body, mind, spirit, and emotions.
2. Whatever it is that you’re procrastinating, ask yourself WHY you’re doing it. What’s the big WHY for doing what you do? What’s your inspiration?
Reconnect to it, or release it.
3. Redefine your “should” or “have to” with a “CHOOSE TO.”
If you don’t choose to, then see #2 again and re-evaluate.
4. Schedule it. No more “someday,” or “sometime.” Once it’s scheduled, it becomes, “this time”…today.
Get it done.
TODAY’S SACRED S.O.L. STEP:
Please grab your SACRED S.O.L. D.A.T.E. JOURNAL.
1. Write down what you’re resisting…PROCRASTINATING.
2. Circle it, and go through the 4-Step Checklist, and release yourself.
GET IT DONE.
Thanks for being here. Please come over to WomenSippingOnLife.com and request your FREE resources, including my best-selling book, Date Yourself Well.
xo Dr. Shannon. Inspiring minds that want to grow and hearts that want to know, so you can love you, your life, and your life’s work well. ONE SIP AT A TIME.
A special thanks to the following souls for helping me launch our WOMEN SIPPING ON LIFE podcast…
Intro/Outro done by Uni V. SOL
Outro music by Jay Man: Mind Over Matter (www.ourmusicbox.com)
Podcast cover design and web site done by: Pablo Aguilar (www.webdesigncreator.com)
Podcast cover photo by Kate Montague of KM Captured (www.kmcaptured.com)